Tuesday, May 6, 2008

North Bound

All compasses, moral and polarized, are pointing North. I've pitter paterred long enough in hopes of finding some reason to stay here. When it comes down to it, the only thing holding me back is excuses. I thought that the temp agency was simply a necessary evil to sustain income until a better job came along. But it turns out to be a blessing in disguise because I have a steady income until just about the time I would like to be moving anyway.

Let the job hunt continue, but now I am honing in on the City of New York!
Here are a few of the sites I have come across that have been helpful in my NY planning.

dancenyc.org (affiliated with DanceUSA but way better, many helpful directories for dancers)

danceruniverse.com (affiliated with Dancer Magazine, good for the scoop on NY Dance Scene)

And don't think I'm doing this all alone, that would be pretty scarry (biting nails...eek). If I have to, I will do it alone. But if all goes as planned, the fabulous Karen Dunn will also be making the colossal life change as my once and future roommate. So I have begun scoping out housing on newyork.craigslist.org. Updates on this exciting endeavor to follow!

In other exciting news, The JRuhl Dance Krew (name change pending) led by choreographer and fellow alum, Jenn Ruhl Kubilis, will be having its first audition for performance at DancePlace. The audition is in two weeks, on May 17...( one day after my College of Visual and Performing Arts Graduation from George Mason University!) If accepted into the showcase we are auditioning for, we will be performing in late July.

No comments: