Friday, December 7, 2007

Tech, Dress, and Opening Night



The Tech Run, Dress Rehearsal, and Opening Night all went smoothly. I was a little worried for opening night when there were some unexpected timing issues that had never occurred before. But I think it was just the adrenaline rush of being on stage that caused the dancers to rush. But nevertheless, everything worked itself out for the opening night performance. I was pleased with the on-stage chemistry the dancers created to embody the specific relationships. I think the most clear and consistent relationship is that between dancers, Nate and Chrissy.

Today is Friday and the second night of the concert. During phrases before the show tonight, I plan on working on the ending of the dance. The ending will be the last thing that everyone sees of my dance so I want to make sure there is a solid lasting image in people's memory. I am extremely pleased with how the dance has matured. I love how each time I watch this same concert, there are new moments that I had not noticed previously.

This entire concert has really impressed me. Whenever I see the student work produced by the dancers of GMU, it gives me a sense of pride in my school and also pride to be associated with such a sophisticated and artistically inclined group of individuals, such as the GMU Dance Company.

Today was my last day of college classes.

No comments: