Tuesday, December 4, 2007

December Already!!

I just cannot believe that it is December already! It is now the week of the December Concert. As one might expect, I am experiencing a variety of emotions. I am excited to see the piece on stage and in the context of a concert, but along with that excitement comes a tinge of nervousness... the what-if's. And simultaneously, I am excited that it's the last week of classes. But, it feels too soon for college to be over.

The dancers and I finished the piece last Thursday. We spent some time in an extra rehearsal over the weekend to clean the movement and elaborate on the relationships that happen in the dance. I have tried to bring out the differences between all the relationships that occur. I think that this dance will be meaningful to a widespread audience. Everyone has a variety of relationships in their life. It is through relationships that we can experience growth. Hopefully this will read in the dancers' performance this week.

Tonight is the tech-run of the show. Wednesday is the dress rehearsal and then opening night is on Thursday!

No comments: