Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Two Weeks in the Bullpen

I do not advise this as a career move....



After two weeks at MacArthur Associates, I quit my job. It was truly not a good fit for me. I hate doing cold calling because no one wants to speak to you. And why should they?! They are in the middle of a very productive workday. The last thing they want is a recruiter calling and offering to fill a postition that they are paying internal recruiters and human resources to fill already. I just couldn't take any more. When I was being hired for the job, the hiring manager told me that she was concerned that I am soft spoken and may not be able to handle rejection. I can handle rejection just fine, but only when its deserved. And often they expect me not to take "NO" for an answer. If five people from MacArthur have already called and spoke to someone at a company and been rejected, its still fair game to keep calling because that means that we are not already working with them. No thank you. I can find a much more productive job that doesn't require interrupting people's workdays, being called a telemarketer, and being hung up on.



I am not a salesperson. I am an artist.
... and the job hunt continues...

No comments: